This is my first nomination and I can’t express just how proud and emotional I am right now! I had to run round the garden with my two hens for a bit before writing this….
I was nominated by PTSD Gal and I am so grateful. Thank you SO much.
- Be polite, and thank the person who nominated you
- Answer the 11 question the blogger posed
- Nominate 11 bloggers and ask them 11 questions
- Display the Sunshine Blogger Award Logo
- List the rules
- How did you decide on the name for your blog? : I wanted something that says ‘exactly what it does on the tin’ and I have always loved fairy tales, tales from the crypt, tales of the unexpected and tale of the vienna woods. So Tales from the mind of Kristian, seemed to work well.
- What is the one pet peeve you have? : Unfortunately I have hundreds of these, but one that always gets me fuming is people who drive and do not use their indicators (turn signals), they are there to let people know what you are going to do, people aren’t mind readers, so Use them people, it will prevent accidents! (deep breath and relax).
- What 1980’s song do you have to listen too? I grew up in the 80’s having been born in 1977, and went to so many family weddings in the 80’s. I LOVE the 80’s. I would probably have to say Blondie, Heart of Glass.
- What or who influenced your passion? Goodness, Everyone I have ever spoken to has influenced me in a way. I am currently attending a creative writing course in London, so my Tutor, Barbara Marsh (who is a published author) has probably been the most direct influence at the moment. But I have also been inspired by all the blogs that I have read on here.
- How did you choose the last book you read? Cover or recommendation? It was Cover. I love fantasy fiction, and recently read and reread Daggerspell by Katherine Kerr.
- When you’re writing do you have to think about it or are your topics planned out? I don’t plan anything in advance. I have an idea, inspired by a word prompt or a task set by my tutor, then I have a rough idea of where I want to go with it, then I let the creative juices flow and get on with it. sometimes it produces a lot of incoherent jumble, but often it works well, and it’s organic.
- If you could rewrite the ending of a fairy tale what would it be? I love this, I would probably like to see most of them rewritten. For class we had to rewrite a fairy tale and I rewrote Beauty and the beast. In a lot of fairy tales it is the Woman who has somehow succeeded because she has ended up with the guy! I would like to see him chase her a bit more. In the Little Mermaid, she had to leave her family and change who she was just to be with her man. Love should never be a sacrifice on one side alone.
- If there was one person you could meet who would it be? I would love to meet Queen Elizabeth the First (the one with the red wig and white powered face) I have always been blown away at how intelligent she was. I would also love to meet the current Queen Elizabeth and talk about Corgis.
- What extinct animal would you bring back and why? I would love to bring back the Dodo. It was it’s own friendliness that doomed it, poor thing. It will also mean that the expression, dead as a dodo, will have to be changed.
- What weird food combination do you like? I like to make Avocado and boiled egg mayonnaise sandwiches. I don’t know if it’s odd, but I don’t know anyone else who does it. It’s delicious by the way.
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? Actually I love it where I am. I live on the outskirts of a small city that is just 25 miles from London. I can drive for 5 minutes and I am in the middle of countryside or I can catch a train and in 45 minutes I can be in London. Fantastic. I also don’t like it too hot, so the UK climate is fine for me (That doesn’t mean I don’t moan about it, I am British after all and that’s what we do).
My Nominations :
- Patty Richardson
- the britchy one
- Grateful Single Mom
- Viola Bleu
- Lydia Howe – Noveltea
- Are you a morning person or an evening person?
- If you could choose a spirit animal, that you feel an afinity with, what would it be?
- What is your favourite composer or music artist?
- Name a city you have never been to but would love to visit.
- If you had a choice of superpowers what would it be and why?
- What is your favourite Genre of books to read?
- Do you prefer Grimms fairy tales or Hans Christian Andersen?
- If you could attend a famous event in history which would it be?
- Do you feel we are on this earth for a reason or are we just going through the motions?
- Which villain from fiction do you admire and why?
- Do you prefer to watch a film or read a book?
Hopefully I have done this OK. I am new to blogging, so i may have not copied the links correctly, fingers crossed it works OK.
Thank you to everyone who reads me, and I hope you find this interesting and worth while.