Many, Many Thanks to Confessions of an Irish Procrastinator
for nominating me for this award. This blog is always worth a read, if you want to laugh or cry in equal measure (normally tears of laughter) give it a try.
“The Mystery Blogger is an award for A-MAZING bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging and they do it with so much love and passion.”
The Rules: (I love rules, watch me break them)
1) Put the award logo/image on your blog.
2) List the rules.
3) Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
4) Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well – Okoto Enigma https://www.okotoenigmasblog.com/
5) Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
6) You have to nominate 10 people.
7) Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
8) Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice: with one weird or funny question (specify).
So, Confession time…Three things about me.
1) I once nearly got arrested for dancing in a pub car park.
Truth is often stranger than fiction.
I had been to visit one of my cousins the night before. she is a ballroom and latin dance teacher. She taught me a few steps of the Rhumba, Samba and Paso Doble. So the next morning I went to visit my Auntie but she wasn’t in. I parked in the Pub car park opposite and because I was bored, I decided to practise my dance steps, as you do (well apparently only I do). This was at 10 o’clock in the morning.
Then my Aunt came home and I went in for a cup of tea.
While we were sitting there, a police car came into her road with the sirens blazing and pulled up inches behind my parked car. Then the police began combing the area.
My Aunt’s Son, who was a special police constable, then came in and said that there had been a report that a maniac had been seen in the area. My Aunt looked at me, and I said “Well I was only practicing my dance steps”
“You were What?” She said.
I think it must have been the Paso Doble that did it….?
2) I learnt to play the Irish Tin Whistle on the ferry from Holyhead to Dun Laoghaire. My dad bought if for me on the ferry and by the time we landed I had an audience around me and I was playing Molly Malone. I still like playing The Wild Colonial Boy, to this day.
3) I would rather have a big chunk of Cheddar cheese than a bar of Chocolate. Any day.
So that’s me in a nutshell.
Questions From https://confessionsofanirishprocrastinator.wordpress.com/
- What was your favourite cartoon as a kid? – I loved Bugs Bunny, Ulysses 31 and Dangermouse.
- What was the worst job you ever had? – I had a paper round and I think they gave me several rounds that no one wanted all stuck together because I had several roads but they were far apart. My Mum was concerned because I didn’t get home until late. She used to come and pick me up sometimes because I was gone for longer than she thought was right. Then I had to do the paper round on my birthday. I gave it up after that.
- If you went on Mastermind what would your specialty subject be? – Either Queen Elizabeth the First or The Simpsons, I seem to have an encyclopedic knowledge of both.
- What was first CD you ever owned? – It was a classical music CD of The Planets by Gustav Holst, to this day I still love ‘Jupiter’ which is strange because that is supposed to be my ruling planet (if you believe such things).
- What would your funeral song be? – I have two. ‘Heaven must be missing an Angel’ by Tavares and ‘Come up and see me (make me smile)’ by Steve Harley and Cockney Rebel.
- Would you prefer to Run like a Cheetah, Fly like an Eagle or Swim like a dolphin?
- Would you prefer to be able to Paint like Picasso, Write like Shakespeare or Sing like Sinatra (Frankie Boy, Old blue eyes)?
- If you could win a lifetime supply of something (not cash) what would it be?
- Name a song you like from the year you were born.
- What is your favourite character from a film?
My Nominees (Just like Confessions of an Irish Procrastinator, I have just chosen three. Sometimes rules are meant to be broken, and these things can get out of hand.)
No need to join in if you don’t want to. Post some answers in the comments If you’d rather.