I have been nominated for this award by ANG4HIM, Thank you very much for nominating me.
Please check out their blog by clicking on the links below:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and put a link to their blog on your blog.
- Display and link to the award on your blog.
- Answer the questions given to you.
- Create more questions for your nominees to answer
- Write a small post about what makes you passionate about blog posting.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself. (optional)
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel would enjoy blogging about this award.
- List these rules in your post
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated
- Did you have an imaginary friend and if yes, what was his/her name? What is your favorite story about them growing up?
- What is phrase or saying is the most annoying in the world to you?
- What is your dream job?
- If you could know the absolute and total truth to one question, what question would you ask?
- Tell us one thing that happened this week which took you by surprise.
- What is the most ridiculous thing someone has convinced you to believe?
- If your life was made into a movie and an audiobook – who would play you in the movie and who would narrate the book?
- Do you have any scars and how did you get them? If you have lots tell us how many and then tell us the story behind the most interesting one.
- What accomplishment are you the most proud of?
- What is the craziest thing you’ve ever done (and are willing to tell us about)?
- No but I had an imaginary dog. When I was about 5 I really wanted a dog (I still do, one day I’ll get one!) And so I used to pretend I had one. In my childish mind I thought that if I pretended I had a dog my parents would see I really wanted one and get one for me. They didn’t.
- So many, so many. If I had to choose one, it would probably be “Whatever”.
- My Dream job would involve me spending as much time in nature as I like. It would involve elements of creativity and writing, and also people would have to listen to what I think and say (even if they choose to ignore me). If anyone would like to offer me such a job please get in touch….
- The whole creation and purpose of life thing.
- Receiving this nomination award.
- Hmmm. I went to an anxiety event recently that was very good. In it they introduced this thing called ‘tapping’. It’s where you gently tap certain parts of the body, apparently these are energy points and it helps the energy flow better and reduces your anxiety. I wouldn’t say it is ridiculous, or that I actually believed it….The jury is still out on that one.
- I would play me, and I would narrate the book. I love reading out books and stories out loud, and from the reaction I get, people enjoy hearing me read out loud (I love to do all the voices).
- I’m not aware of any scars. Evidence of a boring uneventful life and also the fact that I am very risk averse.
- A difficult one. I am pleased with how I have crafted my garden. I had a great garden to start with, which is one of the reasons I bought the house, but I have added to it and walking around it gives me great pleasure.
- I once nearly got arrested for dancing in a pub car park. It was during the day and I was stone cold sober. I had called to visit my aunt and she wasn’t in, so I parked in the pub car park opposite. The night before I had been to visit one of my cousins who teaches ballroom and latin dancing. She showed me a few steps. I didn’t think anything of it. I had time to kill so I started practicing my steps in the pub car park. Then my aunt arrived and I went in for tea. Afterwards the police arrived with sirens blazing and blocked my car in. Apparently someone in the neighbourhood had seen my dancing and reported that a lunatic was in the area…..Possibly not the craziest thing I’ve ever done, but it must be near the top of the list.
What Makes me Passionate about Blogging
I have always written stuff. I used to make up imaginary countries and draw the maps. I would make up back stories for how the countries were founded and what the people were like. I also used to occasionally write poems. I never shared those writings with others. It is taking that leap of faith to share and seek feedback that was so daunting. Having taken that plunge I can honestly say what an amazing experience it has been. I started out to seek some kind of validation for what I had written but now it is a much more caring sharing experience. I never expected it, but It has been such an enlightening experience talking to others who are going through the same process. Thank you to everyone who reads and comments on my stuff.
Ten Random Facts.
- I am right-handed
- I passed my driving test when I was seventeen, but only on the second go.
- I have never been to North or South America.
- I am obsessed with tea.
- I would love to have two pygmy goats.
- I have so many phobias that I am close to having phobophobia which is the fear of fear itself.
- I would rather use stairs than use the lift (elevator) in a building, unless of course I needed to go up beyond the tenth floor. We don’t have so many tall buildings in the UK.
- I have a morbid curiosity of politics. I have learnt all the president of the USA and all the Prime Ministers of the UK and I follow all elections with geeky attention to detail regardless of where they are taking place.
- I have a curiosity about world religions and am particularly fascinated by Quakerism.
- I don’t like it too hot, which for me is above 28 degrees centigrade (82 Fahrenheit)
There are so many awards going around that often the people I want to nominate have already just been nominated. An example is: https://bitchininthekitchen.org/2018/04/06/tarzan-and-the-chandelier/
who was nominated by ANG4HIM with me.
Today I will choose 5, but please, if you don’t want to take part, that’s fine.
- How did you decide on the name for your blog?
- Are you a morning person or an evening person?
- If you could win a lifetime supply of something (not cash) what would it be?
- What is your favourite Genre of books to read?
- What weird food combination do you like?
- What was your favourite cartoon as a kid?
- What would your funeral song be?
- Name a song you like from the year you were born.
- If you could attend a famous event in history which would it be?
- What Christmas present have you never received but wish you had?
Over to you now.