I have been nominated for the 3 quotes challenge by two brilliant bloggers: Ang4him and Ray of Light.
Please take a moment to have a look at their blogs.
1) Thank the person who nominated you.
2) Post one quote per day over three days.
3) Nominate 3 blogs per day to take part in the challenge.
Well I am going to vary it a bit….
Firstly I want the blogs I nominate to answer two questions,
1) Why did they start blogging
2) Why did they choose the name of their blog
Then do the quote thing and nominate between 1 and 3 blogs. These things go round like an epidemic sometimes, so there is absolutely no pressure to take part if you are sick of them.
- I started blogging because I was doing a creating writing course and I realised that sharing what you’ve written and seeking feedback is the only way to know if what you’ve written is any good, and the only way to grow and improve. I decided to take a huge leap into the unknown and start a blog. It has been a truly wonderful experience and I have made some great blogging pals, from all over the world.
- I chose the name because Tales from the Mind of Kristian pretty much sums up what my blog is about and it also channelled some of that feeling you get with “Tales of the unexpected”.
“Don’t carry around the bricks from your past,
or you’ll end up building
the same prison.”
I found this quote on Facebook, although worded slightly differently, and I tried to find out who said it, but to no avail. There are different versions of it all over the place but they are not attributed to anyone. I suppose I could take my lead again from social media and just say that ‘Buddha‘, ‘Gandhi‘ or Abraham Lincoln said it, but I have a tad more integrity than that.
This was another good quote I found on the internet.
It goes to show that although there is a lot of Horse Manure on social media, there is some good stuff too. Even with the horse manure, it depends what you do with it that counts. You can choose to throw it at people or post it through their letter boxes, or you can use it as fertiliser in your garden.
This might be a metaphor too far….
Today I am going to nominate:
You may not want to take part, no pressure. I just wanted you to know that I like your blogs.
Have a nice day everyone. 😉