Denny, the Ceaseless Reader, Has tagged me in this challenge. One Day with a Star.
The rules are:
- Describe a very famous person (preferably historical, or well known – to everyone!). Include the details in your story so people can guess who is that STAR, but do not mention the real name.
- You can add 1 photo-detail (non obligatory).
- The style and the genre of the writing – any.
- Pingback to this post (not to the page!), so I can read and comment.
- Spread the word around, up to 3 – 5 blogs. Have fun!
- The followers should guess in the comments who is ‘your star’.
So here is my Story.
It was 1983 and I had just got back from work when I heard it on the Radio. She had died. She was only 32. I was Blindsided.
I hadn’t seen her since we were kids growing up in New Haven, Connecticut.
She moved away with her brother and parents in 1963 but we kept in touch. We’d only just begun to become friends, we never dated, nothing amorous, heck she was only thirteen when she moved to California, but we were close.
Later on, I followed her career closely. She had always been musical at school, her brother was a piano genius, but she much preferred the Drums.
I kept a scrapbook of what she was up to and occasionally we’d exchange letters, nice and hospitable like. I used to chase after the Postman and he’d tease me with the letter until I said ‘Please’. When I used to see her handwriting on the envelope, I’d feel on top of the world.
Initially, I hadn’t taken much interest in her music until the first time they played one of her songs on the radio. Her voice came out of that machine and it sounded like she was just in front of me. It had an air of nostalgia about it. It transported me back to the past. It was yesterday once more.
They played another of her songs just then on that rainy day in February, I think it was a Monday, but I can’t be sure.
I pictured her in my head, that long dark brown hair and that sweet, sweet smile.
I had lost a friend and the world had lost one of the best Singers that had ever lived.
My Nominees are:
Elizabeth Russell at
and Mel at
I wanted to Tag you because I like what you do and I appreciate that you take time to read my blog. If you don’t fancy taking part in the challenge, then that’s fine. No pressure at all. All the best.
If you guess who the famous person was, leave your guesses in the comments.