I have the great honour of being nominated for this award by the wonderful Laleh Chini of A Voice from Iran, whose blog is absolutely marvellous. She tells the most excellent short stories which have so much heart. I always look out for her posts in my e-mail inbox because I know it will always be a great read. If you don’t believe me, check out her blog here:
1. Thank the blogger that nominated you. – Thank you Laleh, Much appreciated 🙂
2. Write a post to show your award. – Here you go
3. Give a brief story of how your blog started. – OK
4. Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers. – OK
5. Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to. – This is where I’ll become a rule breaker.
6. Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
How my Blog Started.
Well, I have written about this before, see here:
- Always loved writing
- Did a creative writing course that was like throwing petrol on the fire of my creativity
- Saw a link to WordPress
- Started Blogging
- Loved every minute of it.
Well, I am no expert. I don’t really know what I am doing and I am not the type to plan things in advance. I just wanted somewhere to put all the stories and poems that I had floating around in my head. This seemed the best way to do it. I am just grateful that people have stopped by my blog, read what I have done and liked it and left helpful comments. There is plenty of advice out there about how to build up your blog, but two things I will say is:
- The key is to write about something you love.
- If it starts to become a chore then take a break.
There are so many wonderful blogs out there that I enjoy reading, quite a few have decided to become non-award sites
Like Denny at
And others I can mention like, The Haunted Wordsmith, Crushed Caramel, Bitchin’ in the Kitchen, A Guy Called Bloke, The Floating Thoughts, Novus Lectio, Esther Chilton, Melanie B Cee, Kristian at Life Lessons from Around the Dinner Table, Cyranny’s Cove and Dee Kelly from Thriving not Surviving, to name but a few.
I also don’t want this to become a burden to anyone.
Basically, If you read my posts, and you want to take part in this award, particularly if you haven’t done it before, then YOU ARE NOMINATED.
Thank you and have a nice rest of your Sunday,