A Guy Called Bloke has tagged me in one of his 321 Quote Challenges.
Check out the post:
Here’s what Rory says about the rules:
Rules: 3.2.1 Quote Me!
Thank the Selector
Post 2 quotes for the dedicated Topic of the Day.
Select 3 bloggers to take part in ‘3.2.1 Quote Me!’
Note: Although this is the topic for today there is no specific deadline to it, meaning you can answer as and when.
Please Note l will be reblogging your responses unless you wish for me to NOT do so.
The Topic: Creative Writing
Thanks for tagging me Rory.
I have made no secret that I attended a creative writing class in January and that is what ultimately gave me the confidence to start my blog.
What is creative writing? It is any writing that goes beyond the normal bounds of professional, academic, journalistic or technical writing. It includes poetry.
What did my creative writing class teach me?
- Writing can take up a lot of your time.
- Everyone writes in their own style, there is very little you can do that is wrong (except spelling and grammar).
- There is no point in writing something and not sharing it. It is only in its reading does the writing start to exist. Reading brings it to life. Writing only puts it on the page or the screen.
- Feedback is useful and constructive.
What didn’t it teach me?
How to spell and use grammar.
So quotes about Creative Writing:
- The More you do it the better it gets – (I just said that, but I’m sure someone more famous than me has already said it).
- “If there’s a book you really want to read, but it hasn’t been written yet, then you must write it.” ~ Toni Morrison
Who wants to take part then?