I am cock-a-hoop and over the moon to have been nominated for this award by my great blogging pal and current collaborator, Beckie of Beckie’s Mental Mess.
Check out her post here:
Also, we have recently collaborated on two poems,
- In Search of Happiness:
2. The Creation (about the Creative writing process)
Now, what’s the Mystery Blogger Award?
“It’s an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging, and they do it with so much love and passion.”
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Answer the 5 questions you were asked
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question
- Share a link to your best post(s). (I’ve linked to the two posts I have worked with Beckie on above, and I’m really proud of the results)
Three Things About Me:
- I work for the National Health Service as a Data Analyst and I have never worked with so many truly dedicated people before (no insult intended to any previous work colleagues).
- I love writing and I’ll keep doing it, regardless of whether the results are any good or not.
- I have been blogging now since March 2018 and while I don’t have as much time to blog since starting my new job, I am still loving the process and I have nearly 1000 followers, which I am really excited about! Thank you to all of the people who have decided to follow me, and to all my regular readers, you keep me going (and kept me going last year when I was going through some dark times).
My Five Questions from Beckie:
- If you were to have one wish come true, what would it be? – Hmm, It would probably be to get some kind of major recognition of my writing, a publishing contract for my stories or poems, that would be really lovely.
- What is the least favourite thing about yourself that you wish you could change? – My constant anxiety, I wish I stopped worrying about things and just lived!
- What was the last funniest thing to happen to you? – I’ve probably told this story before, but I once nearly got arrested for dancing in a car park. I had been to visit my cousin who teaches Latin and Ballroom dancing, and she’d taught me a few steps, then I went to visit my Aunt for tea, and she’d just popped out, so while I was waiting, I decided to practice my dance steps. It was broad daylight and I wasn’t drunk or anything. It seemed to make perfect sense to me. Anyway, my Aunt returned and we had a nice cup of tea. meanwhile a police car, lights blazing, pulled into the car park, blocked my car in and began searching the area. Apparently, a neighbour had seen me and reported that there was a lunatic in the area! I remain at large 😉
- What was your favourite subject in school? – I enjoyed Geology and History. A lot depended on the teacher. If I got on well with them, then I enjoyed learning, if not, then it was torture.
- Weird/Strange Question… If you could have dinner with anybody (Dead or Alive) who would that be, and what would you like to ask them? – There are so many people. I’d love to have dinner with our Current Queen because she is such an interesting and intelligent person, I’d love to find out what she really thinks about things. I’d also love to chat with lots of dearly departed. Film stars, like Margaret Lockwood, Margaret Rutherford and Greer Garson (and if you’ve heard of them, I’m impressed!).
My Questions for my nominees:
- Did you have any childhood goals and have you achieved them?
- What is something you have always wanted to do but never have?
- What is something you are proud of?
- What is your favourite film/movie?
- Because I loved Beckie’s question so much, I’m going to copy hers. Weird/Strange Question… If you could have dinner with anybody (Dead or Alive) who would that be, and what would you like to ask them?
So this is the bit I find so hard because there are so many bloggers I admire, Beckie’s already nominated a lot of them, also there are a lot of great bloggers who do not accept awards, and I worry that if I nominate them, they’ll get annoyed at me. This fills me with a great deal of anxiety. I am going to pick some lovely bloggers who have been very supportive of me, and hope they will forgive me if they do not do these things.
This is the tip of the iceberg of those wonderful bloggers who deserve this award.
There is absolutely no obligation to do this, I know they are time-consuming, but just a bit THANK YOU from me.