I am absolutely thrilled to have been nominated for this Mystery Blogger Award by Rory, A guy called bloke, who is a fantastic blogger and definitely a blogging friend of mine, click on the link to check out his post:
Mystery Blogger Award
So? What is the Mystery Blogger Award?
“Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging, and they do it with so much love and passion.
Here are the rules:
- -Put the award logo/image on your blog
- -List the rules
- -Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- -Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- -Answer the 5 questions you were asked
- -Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- -You have to nominate 10 – 20 people
- -Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- -Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question
- -Share a link to your best post(s)
3 Things About Yourself!
- I’ve been to the Isle of Wight about 20 times.
- I have never been to New York
- I often sing Patsy Cline songs at the top of my voice.
My chosen post:
Last year, I thought I would try my hand a writing a story in the style of Agatha Christie, that brilliant crime writer of the 20th Century. Click on the link below to read my take on the Murder Mystery genre.
Five Questions from Rory,
- Are we losing the art of listening in comparison to simply hearing?
there always were people who were more inclined to speak and only pause to think about what they are going to say next rather than listen to the other person. Are there more people like that now that before? I don’t know, maybe.
2. How often do you openly discuss with friends or here in WP with your readership topics that make you feel uncomfortable or maybe taboo or stigma laden?
My blog is to write fiction so I address difficult topics in my stories, I’ve written stories about murderers, psychotic killers and armageddon, but I don’t tend to directly talk about the problems that face us today, or politics or any other uncomfortable topics. Mine isn’t a current affairs blog, it’s about creative writing, but then art reflects life.
3. Do you think that these discussions should be freely discussed and written about more?
If that’s what your blog is about then, yes discuss away, we live in a free society where free speech is important.
4. Did you have a nickname as a child and if so, what was [or what is it now]?
I had and have lots of nicknames, I smile a lot so am often called ‘Smiler’ and not ironically. My name is shortened to Kris or sometimes, Krissy 😉 I also have various nicknames based on my surname. Call me anything you like, but call me, I’d hate to be ignored. 😉
5. Why is there still ‘stuff’ we simply just don’t understand despite our progressive world?
It would be a pretty boring world if we understood everything, the more we know the more we realise there is a lot more unknown out there to discover, and thank goodness for that!
My Questions for you:
- Where do you think all the things that are lost go to?
- If we go forward in time far enough would we end up back at the beginning?
- What is the greatest mystery that you would like to know the answer to?
- Do you think we’ll ever find intelligent life in space?
- Do you think we’ll find it on earth?
Song of the Day-in Honor of 9/11-There She Stands, Michael W. Smith
Crazy screaming squirrel…
If anyone else would like to have a go, then consider yourself Nominated, after all, Life is the Mystery we are all a part of. 🙂