Well, I am proud, over the moon and chuffed to bits to have been nominated for this award by a blogger that I have such high regard for, who I have collaborated with a number of times writing several poems; Beckie of Beckie’s Mental Mess.
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
2. Write a post to show your award.
3. Give a brief story of how your blog started.
4. Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
5. Select 15 other bloggers for this award.
6. Comment on each blog to let them know you’ve nominated them and a link to the post you created.
How my Blog Started.
Well, It all began back in March 2018. It was on the 7th of March to be precise. I have been writing stories and poems for years but I had never shared my work or sought feedback before. For a Christmas Present, some friends bought me a 6-week creative writing course at the CityLit college in London. Having enrolled on this course I found that my urge to write became insatiable. Before I wrote once in a while but after I started writing daily. It was like an explosion. I decided that I needed to have a place to put all the stuff coming out of my mind. I entered a competition and I didn’t get anywhere but in the feedback, I was given a link to WordPress. I am naturally a bit of a technophobe but I had a go and created my blog. I have not looked back since. It has been a wonderful experience and I wish I had started much earlier. The blogging community has been really helpful and supportive. I have made some excellent blogging pals.
Since then I have written a lot of short stories and lots of poems. In the last few months, I have slowed down a bit and am not currently blogging as much but I hope that with the energy that comes with the New Year, I will start writing more again.
Advice or Guidance
- Blog about something that you love and just keep going, followers will come.
- Don’t worry if you can’t keep up with the rate of other bloggers. Write when you can and when you feel like it.
This is always the bit I find hard, not because of a lack of people I think deserve it, it’s because there are SO many wonderful bloggers out there putting their heart and soul into everything they do that it is difficult to choose.
My thoughts are that if you are reading this then please consider yourself nominated. You Deserve it.
And also, as we draw near, I hope you have a lovely Christmas or whatever way you spend the darkest days of Winter.