I have been sharing with you some music I like to listen to in order to keep me calm and relaxed. It is a tribute to some great composers who have harnessed the magic of music to change moods and minds.
- This is the Adagio from the Concierto De Aranjuez by Joaquin Rodrigo. This piece really taps into the emotions, it is calm and yet also rouses passion. It also beautifully encapsulates the essence of Spain.
2. By Contrast, this is a beautiful relaxing piece of music by the composer George Butterworth that is quintessentially English – The Banks of Green Willow
3. And it wouldn’t be a relaxing playlist without Enya, – Only Time.
I hope you like my selection.
FOWC with Fandango — Tribute
I thought I would share with you a few more of my songs that I like to listen to when I need to keep calm and mellow. In this crazy world, the need for calm is a sentiment worth sharing.
- Prelude to the Afternoon of a Faun / Prélude à l’après-midi d’un faune – Claude Debussy.
2. Turn, Turn, Turn – The Byrds.
3. Sailing – Christopher Cross.
I hope you enjoyed this selection. 🙂
If you’ve read one of my previous posts, you’ll know that I am having a few health issues at the moment.
I have been experiencing random swellings, that can flare up without rhyme or reason.
I have been told by a medical expert that I trust, to take antihistamines and to keep calm.
So, I thought I would share with you some of the music I am listening to in order to achieve this sense of inner calm.
- Fleetwood Mac – Albatross
2. Cavatina, Theme from the Deerhunter by John Williams
3. Chi Mai – Ennio Morricone
Caribbean Blue by Enya.
What music do you like to listen to when you need to keep calm?
FOWC with Fandango — Reason
Weekly Photo Challenge: Peace
I thought this was a quite peaceful picture.
Unfortunately I am not entirely sure where I took this picture. It was amongst the ones I took of New Zealand, so It could be near Waitangi on the North Island.
It also looks a bit like some of the photos I took of the Isle of Skye, so it could be there…
Anyway I think it looks peaceful, and I hope you do too.