I am thrilled, Chuffed to bits and generally over the mood to have received a nomination for the Sunshine Bloggers Award from none other than Stuart L Tutt of the Blog Something to Stu over. Click on the link below to view his post and while your there, check out his blog and say Hi from me.
1. Use the sunshine blogger award logo
2. Give thanks to the blogger that nominated you
3. Answer the 11 questions given to you
4. Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 questions
1. What, in your opinion, is the most majestic of all God’s creation?
The World itself.
2. Are you a read the book type of person or a wait for the movie type?
Depends. I tend to enjoy both mediums separately. I have never felt the need to read the book if I enjoyed the film or vice versa.
3. What topic do you feel is the least discussed but the one most needed one to be discussed?
How are children being taught about respect? Respecting themselves and each other. Respect is so important.
4. Do you prefer hanging out with a group of friends around a fire or chilling alone by a lake?
I am not great with crowds but I am not great on my own. I’d probably like to be with a select small group of very close friends. Or alone but with a special someone by a lake.
5. What inspires you to keep blogging?
Habit and the need to empty my brain of the words that are buzzing around inside it.
6. Do you believe the world is going to hell in a handbasket? Why?
It is a complicated picture, many things in the world are actually improving, the media, of course, shine a light on all the bad stuff. There is plenty of bad stuff going on too.
7. If you are a Christian, would you be willing to write your testimony as a blog post?
I don’t understand this question. Maybe I’m not Christian enough to understand. I believe in God but don’t believe that much of the prescribed religious practices are necessary at all.
8. If you have written your testimony would you be so kind as to send the link?
9. What is the current colour of your kitchen?
Pale cream coloured walls, pale green tiles and a mock green granite worktop.
10. What is your dream car?
One that won’t break down and will get me from A to B in comfort and without fuss.
11. Where did the phrase “by the skin of my teeth” originate?
The King James Version Bible. It is an excellent phrase that also displays good British wit, the skin of the teeth, i.e by the smallest of margins because, of course, there is no skin on teeth.
#MM — Tale Weaver — Visiting — Long Black Veil
Writing Prompt #28 – Freedom
A Collaboration with Kristian of “Tales From The Mind of Kristian” In Search Of Happiness
Laugh for the Day-Money Can’t Buy Happiness but it Can Buy You Rum
I Just Wanted To Say
The Questions to my nominees:
- What is your theory on the point of existence?
- Do you have a favourite film? What is it?
- If you could travel to any place, where would you go?
- If you could do any job what would it be?
- What character trait do you find unattractive?
- When reading fiction, do you prefer reality or fantasy?
- What would you like to see on tomorrow mornings newspaper headlines?
- What advice would you like to give to your ten-year-old self?
- What song always makes you smile?
- What television programme would you love to see back on the airwaves?
- Have you ever played a practical joke on someone?
So there we go. Have fun and pleasant dreams.